List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: Newbie Question
From:       Havoc Pennington <rhp () zirx ! pair ! com>
Date:       1999-07-09 14:01:56

On Fri, 9 Jul 1999, Olivier Sessink wrote:

> I know, but is it going to happen? When is the time we can do a drag and
> drop from a KDE app to a GNOME app?

The other day I wrote a web page called "working on free software,"
 http://pobox.com/~hp/hacking.html

One of the comments on that page:

 There is no answer to the question, "when will X be finished?" or "will
 feature X be implemented?" The answer to both questions is "when and if
 someone does the work." If the someone is you, then you know the answer.
 If the someone isn't you, then you'll just have to wait and see. :-)
 There's no manager and no one to make sure things happen.

Anyway, I'm not being evasive, we just have no freaking clue. :-) (I mean,
I could tell you "between a month and a couple years" but that's not very
informative. :-)

Havoc