List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Primitives Drawing
From:       Emyr James <emyr.james () orbis-tech ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-07-09 10:34:23

Hi,
   I'm trying to do a molecule simulation program. What I need is to
open a blank drawing
window, create a screenbuffer, draw circles representing the particles
on the buffer then
send the buffer to the drawing window. This all needs to be done FAST.
I've been using
the XwinAllegro ( http://www.canvaslink.com/allegro/xwinallegro/ )
library up till now as it's
really easy to use. However it does seem to be a bit slow. I think that
Gtk / Gdk is the way
to go but the documentation for the elements I'm interested just doesn't
seem to be there.
(I.e. the DrawingArea widget and decent Gdk documentation).
Can anyone give me any help or point me to some suitable URLs ?
Thanks,
Emyr James