List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: new user need help
From:       Alberto Manuel Brandao Simoes <mc23801 () ci ! uminho ! pt>
Date:       1999-04-30 21:55:09

On Fri, Apr 30, 1999 at 05:53:30PM -0300, Relder Pereira dos Santos wrote:
(
(  Hi...
(
(
(   As i am a quite new user of Linux, i need help i some things:
(
(   - as i've just got gtk+ ver 1.2.2 and the libs to it, how can i install the new gtk+ on my machine?
(     Ok... ./configure, make and make install on the pkgs, but how to load it, or to make it works?

	Well, after the 'make install', it is working! You can test it with
a small application (example). I think it's name is something like gtktest and
it is built at the same time as gtk (when you do 'make').

	To make it work in a program of you, is not so simple. For this, the
best is to read the tutorial (you can find it at www.gtk.org!)
--
                                     Alberto Manuel Brandao Simoes