List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: Please tell me...
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () worldnet ! fr>
Date:       1999-02-25 17:52:35

hack@altavista.net writes:

> 2. Why does GTK- exist? If I can program C++, should I use GTK-
> because it's faster and better than GTK+?

No, Gtk-- (note : two minus signs :-) is a C++ wrapper around GTK+. It
calls GTK+ functions, except in a more C++ish way.

> If so, can't you guys program C++? If not, why does GTK- exist

To make using GTK+ in C++ easier. Try it and see for yourself.

> (I mean... I don't know anyone who can not program C, but can
> program C++ or likes C++ more than C)?

Strange, I know quite a lot of people who like C++ more than C (though
I'm very aware that many other people share the exact opposite view
:-).

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.worldnet.fr/~glaurent