List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    how to control aspect ratio of a child widget using
From:       Binu Abraham <babraham999 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-18 15:00:29

How can I control the aspect ratio of a child which is a
GtkDrawingArea?  I've tried
gtk_window_set_geometry_hints(), but rather than constrain the geometry
of the child GtkWidget I pass this function, it applies the aspect
ration constraint to the top-level GtkWindow.  Note that the child
widget is a couple of containers removed from the top-level Window.

I have seen this same question asked multiple times in various forums,
but I have never seen an answer to this question.

Thanks
Binu