List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Current GtkProgressBar usage
Date:       2009-11-22 22:49:09

Hi list,

    I have used GtkProgressBar's for a while, and back when I started
some years ago, it was necessary to call something like:

        while(g_main_context_iteration(0, FALSE));

to have the UI updated. These days it seems like this is no longer
necessary - is that correct? I'm doing it from a thread other than the
"gtk_main"-thread - I'm aware of and handling the usual locking details
of gtk.

    On a related note, it seems impossible to do the aforementioned
iteration line from "other" threads even when handling locking - is that
correct? I've tried both holding the lock meanwhile and releasing it for
this single line. Perhaps it's messing up the initial MainLoop I don't know.

    Best regards - Nikolaj