List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: When g_timeout_add doesn't seem to be enough
From:       Mike Melanson <mike () multimedia ! cx>
Date:       2007-11-28 22:15:10

Rafał Mużyło wrote:
> Should problably add that I'm rewriting the app to use libao (so esd
> would be covered) and audio is generated, not played from a file.

I am not familiar with libao and whether or not the PCM output
functionality is blocking or not (or configurable). If its behavior is
blocking:

audio_thread:
  while (running)
    mix_audio()
    output_audio()

If the behavior is non-blocking (i.e., the output_audio() function
returns immediately), you will have to go through the trouble of waiting
somehow until the device is ready to receive more data.

--
	-Mike Melanson