List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: Building and packaging for Windows
From:       Enrico =?UTF-8?B?VHLDtmdlcg==?= <enrico.troeger () uvena ! de>
Date:       2007-10-31 15:07:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 19:44:19 -0400, Andrew Smith
<asmith15@littlesvr.ca> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am the author of ISO Master ( http://littlesvr.ca/isomaster/ ).
> It's a reasonably simple GTK application. I'd like to make a Windows
> version. If possible, without porting the GUI to Win32. I managed to
> compile ISO Master on Windows using cygwin, but I don't see how I
> could distribute it without a cygwin prerequisite.
>
> Can someone share ideas about how to compile a GTK application for
> Windows and package it so it includes GTK and its dependencies?
>
> Any tips you would care to share would be very much appreciated.
Besides the other tips already mentioned in this thread, have a look at
http://geany.uvena.de/Support/BuildingOnWin32, there we described how
to build Geany on Windows using Mingw without cygwin. You will also
have a look at the makefiles(makefile.win32) in the Geany source
tarball.

Regards,
Enrico