List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    GTK+ 2.8.17 (which packages to choose for win xp)
From:       Mehmet YASAR <myasar () free ! fr>
Date:       2006-05-23 19:14:27

Hi,

I'm developping a gtk application under windows XP and I'm planning to
update from gtk 2.8.6 to gtk 2.8.17.

I have the choise between the official packages (gtk.org) and the tml's
ones. I see that tml is distributing (and advising) newer packages for
glib and pango (for example: pango-1.12.1 instead of pango-1.10).

Could someone (or Tor) give me some explanations ?
Is there important bug fixes or big performance improvements ?
(I had a quick look at Changelogs, but I haven't found anything useful).

Thanks