List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    Re: g_locale_to_utf8
From:       Tim =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <zen18864 () zen ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-01-31 10:27:22

On Friday 30 January 2004 20:40, Ivo Andrejco wrote:

>  I was wondering if someone could tell me, how exactly
> 'g_locale_to_utf8" works. I tried to store "a & b" as "a &amp; b", I
> passed it to g_locale_to_utf8 and what I get back is the same string "a
> & b". Maybe I am not using the right function?

I think you want  g_markup_escape_text():

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-Simple-XML-Subset-Parser.html#g-markup-escape-text

Using that you can escape text that should go between pango markup, or text
that should go between XML elements or into XML attribute value strings etc.

Cheers
-Tim