List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    RE: Error selecting font with gtk-wimp engine and win98
From:       "Rastatter, Ken (OH32)" <Ken.Rastatter () Honeywell ! com>
Date:       2004-01-30 16:23:11

Goran Rakic wrote:
> If I choose some other font (Tahoma) in Display properties
> instead of default MS Sans Serif, application is working
> as it should. MS Sans Serif is a .fon file and not TTF font,
> maybe that can be a problem?

You are correct. Pango can't deal with bitmap (.fon) fonts.

Back in November, 2003 I submitted a GTK-Wimp bug report to
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/gtk-wimp about this issue:

[ 840287 ] Win98 warnings: Couldn't load font "MS Sans Serif 8"

Since this is technically a Pango issue and not a GTK+ or
GTK-Wimp issue, the GTK-Wimp bug was closed.  However, I've
unable to find a Pango bug report about it.

--
Ken Rastatter