List:       gtk-app-devel
Subject:    next problem with g_io_channel_read_to_end(), again
From:       Axel <axel.azerty () netcourrier ! com>
Date:       2003-03-27 15:31:16

hi
thx all for your advice, read channel works well
but, I have a problem
here is the error I get when I try to read a file with accentued
characters like é è à and so...

** ERROR **: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input
aborting...
Aborted

strings are handled as UTF-8, should be due to that?
Could someone give me url or advice on other charset handling?

For files without accentued character, I still get this message

GLib: Cannot convert message: La conversion du jeu de caractères

My locales are set to fr_FR@euro  (LC_ALL and LANG).
Should I set to another? or Can I do something in my code?

Thanks

should I set my current locale variables to another