List:       gtk
Subject:    Re: Quad-Pane
From:       "Timothy M. Shead" <tshead () k-3d ! com>
Date:       2001-02-28 23:21:12

Stephan Stapel wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to use the pane widget (or another
> widget?!) in order to subdivide the actual window into four parts
> (northwest, northeast, southwest, southeast, two sub-windows in a first line
> and the two other sub-windows in in a second line). I hope you can
> understand what I mean.
> Is it possible to do this with the off-the-shelf pane widget?
> Otherwise, tips on how to get this to work, is welcome :-))=

You can embed two GTK+ panes inside a third to get this functionality,
but users will be able to size the panes differently along one dimension
(which may or may not be a Bad Thing) ... I don't recall the address,
but someone out there had a custom four-way pane that did this.  You
might try looking through the archives.

Cheers,
Timothy M. Shead