List:       gtk
Subject:    Question about keystroke-driven usage.
From:       Jonathan Hayward <christos.jonathan.hayward () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-27 20:35:29

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I'm porting a curses game to gtk; the game is presently controlled through
keystrokes ("F" to fly, "q" to quaff, etc.) I'm working on menu items to
make those actions available, but frequently used commands (motion, etc.)
will probably be done mainly through the keyboard. Is it a suboptimal
implementation for commands the player will use again and again to make the
keystrokes work through the access key modifier (so striking "F" makes the
player fly through the menu)? Is that the best way, or should I be using
another mechanism?

--
++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan.hayward@pobox.com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,

** If you'd like a Google Mail (gmail.com <http://gmail.com>) account,
please tell me!