List:       gtk
Subject:    Redirecting keyboard events
From:       Andre Moreira Magalhaes <andrunko () yahoo ! com ! br>
Date:       2004-11-24 17:25:48

Hi all,

I have a problem using GTK (version 2.2.1) and would like to know if anyone \
can help me here. The problem is described bellow:

- I have a application written in VisualAge and ported to GTK+. The problem \
is that the application written in VisualAge has some kind of keyboard \
buffer (i don't know if this is the exactly name). What is the "keyboard \
buffer"??  The user start a command and then immediately press Enter. After \
processing some data the command will show a MessageBox. In the VisualAge \
version when the messagebox appear the keyevent is sent to that window, \
making the window close (desired behavior). In the GTK version the user \
needs to wait until the window appear to press Enter.
Do you know how can i fix this??? This happens in other cases but this is \
the most common.

Any idea is appreciated.

Ps.: I'm not subscribed to this list, so if you can CC me it would be
appreciate.

Cheers,
Andrunko