List:       gtk
Subject:    Re: Problems installing GTK+ 2.4
From:       Joe <joe () cdtc ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-04-25 13:03:59

Joe wrote:

> J. Ali Harlow wrote:
>

>> On 2004.04.24 20:00 Joe wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everyone
>>>
>>> I'm having a problem with the installation of GTK+ 2.4. I have
>>> looked through the list archives, found a similar problem, but after
>>> following the steps to solve it found that it didn't work for me.
>>>
>>> My problem is that when running ./configure for gtk, the message
>>> 'error: pango 1.2.0 and Xft backend required' comes up. All of the
>>> supporting packages for gtk are the latest versions, including pango
>>> 1.4, xft 2.1.2.
>>

>> Including freetype?
>>
> Yes, I have freetype 2.0.4, as well as render 0.8, xrender 0.8.3, atk
> 1.6 and glib 2.4.

I have now fixed the problem - pango now compiled with the xft backend
and gtk installed ok. The problem was with freetype - I checked the
versions on the projects page on sourceforge, and found the version I
had (see above) to be completely out of date. Downloaded version 2.1.4
and everything worked fine.
Thanks anyway, Joe