List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    record pipe on off
From:       James Linder via gstreamer-devel <gstreamer-devel () lists ! freedesktop ! org>
Date:       2024-04-11 23:29:12

Hi
opinions valued.

At the mo I have 2 programs

preview: displays a camera, streams a camera
record: displays a camera, streams a camera, records a camera

All works fine, but on switch of preview and record the stream-to-vlc is broken and \
needs to be reinstated. This ends up being a pain watching the stream.

My idea is to put a tap in front of the record pipe. Would issueing on EOS, waiting \
for the callback and closing the pipe to end a recording be ok. Any grand idea I'm \
missing?

Thanks
James=