List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: Video stream delay - Urgent
From:       Vincenzo Bono <vincenzo.bono () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-08-30 8:42:47

I would check NTP settings on the camera side as well. The camera web page will \
probably use a custom renderer, with a custom protocol (or custom adaptations).

You may try to connect to the camera with VLC and run the same test, to restrict the \
scope of your investigations.

Vincenzo

Il giorno 28/08/18, 20:55 "gstreamer-devel per conto di Olivier Crête" \
<gstreamer-devel-bounces@lists.freedesktop.org per conto di \
olivier.crete@collabora.com> ha scritto:

    Hi,

    You may want to set buffer-mode=slave on rtspsrc, in case the auto
    doesn't realize that it's a live stream for some reason. In theory,
    GStreamer should adapt to the sender clock and the delay should be
    constant. But it's also possible you hitting a bug somewhere and since
    it takes so long to reproduce, it would be long to fix...

    Olivier

    On Tue, 2018-08-28 at 07:52 -0500, Itk wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I'm using GStreamer 1.8.3 for streaming video from Hikvision IP
    > camera
    > through RTSP.
    > My pipe is as follows:
    > "rtspsrc location=%s protocols=%s user-agent=%s ! rtph264depay !
    > avdec_h264
    > ! videoscale ! videorate drop-only=1 ! video/x-raw,framerate=%d/1 !
    > videoconvert ! appsink name=%s"
    >
    > ** %s - initialized with relevant strings...
    >
    > I've noticed that there is a delay of ~1 seconds per 24 hours (I
    > compared
    > the GStreamer's video to the live video of the camera web page),
    > after few
    > days, the delay is quite significant.
    >
    > Can you please advise how to overcome this issue. (ntp-sync? or
    > something
    > else)
    >
    > I've tried to pull video from another camera (Axis), and it works
    > well with
    > quite constant delay (~2-3 seconds) for 10 days.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Itk
    >

    > --
    Olivier Crête