List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: Receiving RTP without udpsrc
From:       <wsnark () tuta ! io>
Date:       2016-12-28 23:13:30

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Peter, Tim, Sebastian - thank you very much for the answers. It is clear for me now \
how to handle RTP from non-udpsrc.

I have played a bit with gst-launch-1.0 and rtpstreampay/rtpstreamdepay (without \
timestamps) - and like Tim said, they work almost fine together with udp on a \
localhost. Going to do a bit more tests over Wifi network in a demo environment.

About socket activation. Thanks for pointing at xinetd, Peter. So far I have been \
considering only own "proxy" - but actually need to consider xinetd and systemd for \
this purpose [1]. Though looks like custom proxy will be more flexible - allows \
timestamps and custom transport.

About shmsink/src. I'm not good at shared memory stuff - is there any documentation \
on this plugin besides very brief [2]?

About pcmu - used as an example. Though I suppose this G.711 should be fairly good \
for Wifi/LAN voice path. BTW, what is recommended as the best for sending/receiving \
voice on embedded Linux - Opus?

[1] http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/inetd.html
[2] https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-shmsink.html

Thanks,