List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: Dynamically replacing uridecodebin
From:       Adrian Pardini <listas () tangopardo ! com ! ar>
Date:       2014-10-31 12:37:02

On 8 October 2014 17:44, A. Bikadorov <wegwerf@abwesend.de> wrote:
> Thanks guys, I switched from uridecodebin to playbin and it's working pretty good.
>
> Now about the Spotify support: How can I register my decoding bin (a tcpserversrc linked
> with gdpdepay) so that it's used by playbin for "spotify://" URI's?
>
> I couldn't find that part in the documentation. It's not a plugin, is it?

Hi Alex, sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Take a look at this:

https://github.com/inaes-tic/gst-urishmsrc

The part that registers it as a protocol handler is at
https://github.com/inaes-tic/gst-urishmsrc/blob/master/src/gsturishmsrc.c#L117

But take in account that that plugin just barely works for our use
case and we have not updated it since February.