List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: [gst-devel] How to create a video recording buffer from a live
From:       Zelalem Sintayehu <zelalems () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-25 13:33:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi Dear Marco Ballesio thank you for your prompt response. I'm a student and want to \
do this as a project. Basically I want to have a kind of network based recorder which \
is controlled by either SIP or RTSP from an application server. Those are the two \
protocols that I was thinking about to use. Currently I have an RTSP proxy that I \
developed which is controlled by a SIP Application Server (AS) and delivers the media \
to a client. So I want to extend it a little further so that when it is told to \
pause, it will pause the stream it gets from the server (which basically means \
recording it for later use) and again when told to resume starts the delivery from \
the place where it was paused. The client (a SIP) is just a passive media reciever. \
the media control comes from the application server. I also want to use a client with \
basic RTSP capability but still the media control comes from the AS or media \
controller. With regard to bandwith limitation I don't have badndwidth costraints, \
but I'm thinking that the recorder should have a limited (specified) buffer size. It \
can't go on recording forever. I also only want this to work for one client. Hope I \
have attended your queries.

Once again thank you for your support.

Best regards,

- Zelalem S.