List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    [gst-devel] When more data is needed to be looked up before
From:       Changwoo Ryu <cwryu () debian ! org>
Date:       2010-03-26 13:50:37

Hello,

I need to write a gstreamer element for an existing audio decoder
hardware. To play a DTS stream with this decoder, it needs to be
initialized with word size and endian parameters before beginning to
play. These parameters are not required in usual Linux desktops as
libdca automatically detect them based on its syncwords in stream.

So, what is the best way to make this decoder work with various types of
DTS streams? I thought of delaying the initialization as possible but it
doesn't looks clean to me.

Thanks,