List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: [gst-devel] Using videorate after http src + jpegdec
From:       "Damien Lespiau" <damien.lespiau () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-07-31 16:04:13

2008/7/30 Florent <fthiery@gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> My goal is to "shape" an mjpeg stream in the following pipeline type:
> souphttpsrc location=$uri ! jpegdec ! videorate ! sink
>
> Apparently videorate cannot work if the upstream elements announce a
> 0/1 framerate. Is it possible to overcome this limitation ?

You'll have to tell GStreamer a little more about the mjpeg stream by adding
a capsfilter that looks like:

souphttpsrc location=$uri !  "image/jpeg, framerate=$fps/1" ! jpegdec
! videorate ! sink

Obviously $fps is known outside of GStreamer and is probably already
part of the URI.
BTW, using multipartdemux after your http element could be a good idea.

HTH

--
Damien Lespiau