List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    [gst-devel] Open Source Media Player Collaboration.
From:       compn <tempn () twmi ! rr ! com>
Date:       2008-06-23 19:49:30

Hello

I had an idea to send all of the codec and demuxer commits to a codec-commits mailing \
list so that when a developer adds support for a new video, other projects can also \
get the same sample working.

This way a developer for one project does not have to read 5 different mailing lists \
to keep up to date. It also has the benefit of unifying the support of open source \
media applications.

mplayerhq.hu can host such a list if anyone agrees with it.

I have sent this message to the following projects:
vlc-devel
mplayer-dev-eng
ffmpeg-devel
xine-devel
gstreamer-devel
ffdshow-tryouts forum
perian-discuss
xbmc forum

If you know of any other projects which should be included, please forward this \
message to them.

If we can agree on this, then we can get into the fun stuff.
Like testing all applications against all sample repositories:

http://live.gnome.org/GStreamerMediaTest
http://www.xinehq.de/~tmattern/report/
http://multimedia.cx/eggs/master-spreadsheet/

Maybe even come up with a complete samples testreport with all programs.

-compn