List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    [gst-devel] PNG and colorspace vs DV
From:       Stefan de Konink <skinkie () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2006-01-19 2:33:21

Hello,

I'm running 0.8 to do some tests with videomixer and DV. When I use a PNG
image (transparent) and run it through the videomixer. The png file gets
color rotated and have some 'spots' on the bottomside of the image blended
to the videomixer.

When I replaced 'ffmpegcolorspace' with 'alphacolor' the image became
transparent. But still the image I use should be orange, not light blue.

gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=/home/skinkie/midvlietlogo.png ! pngdec !
alphacolor ! videomixer name=mix ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink filesrc
location=/mnt/floppy/mch003.dv ! ffdemux_dv ! ffdec_dvvideo lowres=2 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! mix.

What documentation did I miss? (I also tryed the blocksize attribute from
flumotion, though it did not make any difference).

The funniest thing is:

gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=/home/skinkie/midvlietlogo.png
blocksize=100000 ! ffdec_png ! alphacolor ! videomixer name=mix !
ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink filesrc location=/mnt/floppy/mch003.dv !
ffdemux_dv ! ffdec_dvvideo lowres=2 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! alpha ! mix.

Give the right color, but the logo stays only one second in the screen.
(And video is played very slowly).

Since:
gst-launch-0.8 filesrc location=/mnt/floppy/mch003.dv ! dvdec !
ffcolorspace ! xvimagesink

Still give me a segmentation fault (0.8/CVS)
gst-launch-0.10 filesrc
location=/home/tv/broadcast/video/vuurwerk.dv ! dvdec ! fakesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Segmentation fault

I wonder what options I have.