Hi everyone, Ok, so we have been working on DRM for GStreamer for a while now at its getting to a point where we are ready to have a wider part of the community take a look. In that regard we are wondering about where to host the DRM stuff. Let me first give an overview over what will be released: a) a design document describing how to do DRM with GStreamer b) a new module called gstreamer-drm or something like that containing a helper library and some example plugins. c) a example DRM system implementation (this will not be for a 'real' DRM system but a very simple example for how a DRM system is supposed to interact with the module mentioned in b). All the code will be licensed under the BSD or MIT license. There will be nothing in this package actually useful to begin with. This is more about creating a toolkit for Fluendo or anyone else who needs to make DRM enabled products and wants to use GStreamer. It is also worth to mention that the design we come up with for the DRM and GStreamer do not touch the core or any of the plugins module. It assumes a untrustable GStreamer core in fact. So the question is where to host these things. My/our initial idea was to put it into a separate module the GStreamer CVS repository as the code is not tied to Fluendo in any way and is meant to be used/contributed to by anyone interested. But we felt it was prudent to ask the community first if people do not want this module into the GStreamer repository, cause if that is the case we will host it together with the Fluendo plugins in Fluendo svn instead. Anyway feedback or flames welcome. Sincerely, Christian ------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: Splunk Inc. Do you grep through log files for problems? Stop! Download the new AJAX search engine that makes searching your log files as easy as surfing the web. DOWNLOAD SPLUNK! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7637&alloc_id=16865&op=click _______________________________________________ gstreamer-devel mailing list gstreamer-devel@lists.sourceforge.net https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/gstreamer-devel