List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: [gst-devel] Announcement of Schrodinger Project
From:       Alexander Shopov <ash () contact ! bg>
Date:       2006-01-04 10:55:03

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller íàïèñà:
> BBC and Fluendo are working on a new implementation of the Dirac codec.
> The goal of this new implementation is to focus on speed and
> maintainability.

Hip, hip hooray, patent-free, embeddable video encoding for the masses.

BTW, very nice name.
Dirac->Schroedinger, I am waiting for the definition of the Heisenberg
project.

I do hope that the dirac video encoding will become in 2 years as
ubiquitous as the vorbis one.

Best regards:
al_shopov