List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: [gst-devel] gstreamer.net
From:       Erik Walthinsen <omega () temple-baptist ! com>
Date:       2004-10-20 1:34:40

David Schleef wrote:
> Yet again, it is time to renew gstreamer.net.  Unlike previous
> years, I now have complete control over the domain and can modify
> it however I want.  What do we plan to do with it?

At the very least it should be transfered to another registrar (and thus
paid for 1+ years in the process) instead of renewed at register.com.
This will allow the contact information to be corrected, and
incidentally register.com still has some of the highest prices around.
I use joker.com for all my domains...

FWIW, one of the reasons I wanted to regain control of the domain was to
set up an MX record so that @gstreamer.net addresses could be given out
to developers, either as mailboxes or aliases (or both).  Remember that
there is a pdxcolo.net machine available for this purpose and others.
Thomas and a few others at Fluendo know how to get at it, and I can help
set things up for mail, mirroring, etc.