List:       gstreamer-devel
Subject:    Re: [gst-devel] vorbistag element
From:       Benjamin Otte <in7y118 () public ! uni-hamburg ! de>
Date:       2004-10-17 12:41:49

The easiest solution to the "extract tags from music files" problem is to
do what Rhythmbox does (see a recent Rhythmbox checkout/tarball, file
metadata/rb-metadata-gst.c):
Construct a source ! spider ! audio/x-raw-int ! fakesink pipeline, listen
to the pipeline's found-tag signal and stop when the fakesink gets the
first buffer. or an error occurs.
This works for all music files Rhythmbox plays back :)

Benjamin