List:       gstreamer-daily
Subject:    [gst-daily] GST_PAD_LINK_WRONG_HIERARCHY in linking elements
From:       "Anirudh Venkataramanan" <anirudh.aiyer () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-09-25 6:34:54

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I am trying to link the audio pad of a demuxer element to a queue element. I
get a GST_PAD_LINK_WRONG_HIERARCHY on trying to link the pads.

The doc says that GST_PAD_LINK_WRONG_HIERARCHY means that the "pads have no
common grandparent". What does this mean and how do I get the link right?

More details:

I am linking the video pad of demuxer to a video decoder and audio pad to
queue and the queue to fakesink on a signal. The video part links properly
and audio bombs at the gst_link_pads call returning
GST_PAD_LINK_WRONG_HIERARCHY.

Regards,
Anirudh Venkataramanan