List:       grub-help
Subject:    Re: Grub Troubleshooting
From:       hoan <hoan () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2016-05-07 10:41:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

moreover,if I understand your initial intention to boot live debian from
isoimage sitting on usb_stick ,then your menu_grub.cfg is far from your
desire .Once grub hands over to kernel ,the kernel is missing lots of
things,in particular rootfs stuffs....
I suggest you do as
menuentry "debian-8.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso" {
        set isoloop=/iso/debian-8.0.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso
        search -f -s $isoloop
        loopback loop $isoloop
        linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz findiso=$isoloop rootfstype=iso9660
boot=live components
        initrd (loop)/live/initrd.img
}
the kernel options allows to find where is sitting your isoimage,the
partiton's filesystem,and use "live" as script_init
components is proper_debian_init_protocol to know what to setup at this
stage.(I expect your liveiso is behind /iso/
directory of usbstick.)
To play safe,create /boot/grub/grub.cfg to this usbstick.where grub.cfg
contains the previous menuentry.

boot with any grub you have,then in grub_console type
configfile (hd_usbstick)/boot/grub/grub.cfg
   enjoy