List:       grub-help
Subject:    write and read byte from grub to disk
From:       Venkata Subbarao <rao.subba.venkata () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-10-31 5:14:38

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi All,

I am using XUbuntu 11.10

From grub I would like to read and *write* a byte to a file located in
/boot/grub folder from grub. I checked all modules that are available in
folder /boot/grub/i386-pc. reading from file seems to be possible. But, I
did not find a way to write to file. Can someone in this forums please help
me ?

If it is not possible, I can create a small 1MB partition for this data,
which is exactly at 8GB offset. Is it possible to read and write from this
offset ?

Since grub can read from MBR, I think it could be possible to read and
write from offset 8GB. Please help me.

Thanks,
Subbarao