List:       grub-help
Subject:    Modify embedded GRUB2 configuration file
From:       Mahmoud Al-Qudsi <computerguru () neosmart ! net>
Date:       2010-09-12 9:53:30

Hello,

I'm wondering if it is possible to modify the default embedded config
file in GRUB2, which is used to locate the user-configurable menu file
on the disk, containing the default settings and the stock path +
filename for this file?

Ideally, I'd like to do this without having to modify the source code
and re-compile GRUB2, which - as simple as it is - doesn't work for
dynamic deployment.

Any help on this subject would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud Al-Qudsi (@mqudsi)
Director,
NeoSmart Technologies