List:       grub-devel
Subject:    Re: workaround for MS Windows' insanity (ignores partition types / hidden flag since 2018)
From:       Marcel Partap <mpartap () gmx ! net>
Date:       2019-11-20 15:39:02

Thanks Nicholas,
that's actually a great idea. However, in the current set up, we use an ISO image as \
a loop device and boot from that.. as in:

> menuentry "Live-System (FSFW Uni Stick Xfce 1213m buster amd64 mit Persistenz)" {
> echo -e " \n \n \n Bitte einen kleinen Moment Geduld.."
> echo -e "(je nach USB-Stick braucht das System bis zu 5min zum Starten)"
> set isofile=/boot/FSFW-Uni-Stick-Xfce_1213m_buster-amd64.hybrid.iso
> loopback loop $isofile
> linux (loop)/live/vmlinuz boot=live findiso=$isofile components locales=de_DE.UTF-8 \
> keyboard-layouts=de timezone=Europe/Berlin utc=auto net.ifnames=0 \
> persistence-label=linux- userdata,linux-systemconfig,linux-systemdata,linux-system \
> persistence-encryption=none,luks persistence-storage=directory,file,filesystem \
> mitigations=off rootpw=Risiko quiet loglevel=3 splash persistence initrd \
> (loop)/live/initrd.img }

It requires a bit of rework on our install script.. I'll try and report back. If it \
doesn't work (i.e. successfully boot without windumb asking to format), my previously \
proposed workaround wouldn't work either I guess. Best regards,
#marcel

P.S.: (please cc, not on list)