List:       groovy-user
Subject:    Re: [groovy-user] Any reason for why Java (say) 10 could not be like
From:       Robert Fischer <robert.fischer () smokejumperit ! com>
Date:       2009-10-31 17:55:44

Java will always be statically typed (as noted before), which means there would have to be a
revolution in type system theory to enable metaClass-style type mangling.

Of course, at the current rate of JVM releases, Java 10 is going to be sometime around 2020 (no,
really), so who knows what might happen in the next decade.

In the meantime, check out Project Coin: http://wikis.sun.com/display/ProjectCoin/2009ProposalsTOC

~~ Robert Fischer, Smokejumper IT Consulting.
Enfranchised Mind Blog http://EnfranchisedMind.com/blog

Grails Expert Retainer Services
http://smokejumperit.com/grails-retainer/