List:       groovy-user
Subject:    Re: [groovy-user] Simplify creating groovy DSL's
From:       Rintcius <rintcius () rintcius ! nl>
Date:       2009-09-26 10:38:48

Thanks for the pointer, I didn't know MetaBuilder! MetaBuilder looks nice
too.

The intention of ExpandoDsl is probably a bit different than MetaBuilder.
First of all ExpandoDsl is working on Script, whereas MetaBuilder works on
the Builder syntax (at least that's what it looks like, please correct me if
wrong).

What I want to investigate with ExpandoDsl is basically how Scripts can be
extended/improved so they are easier to work with in a meta way. E.g. if
closures become available as Expando's in a Script a great advantage is that
the script's code becomes automatically addressable in a nice way. Seen in
that way, the simplified way of creating a DSL is more or less a side effect
of what I am investigating.

Rintcius