List:       groovy-user
Subject:    [groovy-user] Simple Groovy script for dumping directory structure
From:       bgoetzmann <bgoetzmann () sophia ! symag ! com>
Date:       2009-03-31 16:20:45

If it can help someone, here a simple Groovy script for dumping a directory
structure:

def depth = 0
def dump // necessary for Closure recursivity
dump = {
    it.listFiles().each { file ->
        println '....' * depth + file.name
        if (file.isDirectory()) {
            depth++
            dump(file)
            depth--
        }
    }
}

dump(new File('D:/groovy-1.6.0'))

Applied to my Groovy directory, this script displays something like:

ANTLR-LICENSE.txt
ASM-LICENSE.txt
bin
....grape
....grape.bat
....groovy
....groovy.bat
....groovyc
....groovyc.bat
....groovyConsole
....groovyConsole.bat
....groovysh
....groovysh.bat
....java2groovy
....java2groovy.bat
....startGroovy
....startGroovy.bat
CLI-LICENSE.txt
conf
....groovy-starter.conf
embeddable
....groovy-all-1.6.0.jar

If there is a more Groovy way to do a such thing, I'll take it ;-)

Cheers,

Bertrand.

http://www.odelia-technologies.com
http://www.grailsworks.com