List:       groovy-user
Subject:    Re: [groovy-user] Groovy on Maven repo
From:       Paul King <paulk () asert ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-04-29 11:09:45

Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> Guillaume Laforge schrieb:
>> I think at some point somebody mentioned the pom was at last there, so
>> I thought it was.
>> Or perhaps I'm getting too old and my memory goes haywire...
>
> btw... does the build generate poms for m1 and m2 now?

Well, kind of ... but not exactly.

The pom file we use to define the dependencies is included as the pom
for the groovy jar. An xslt file (ugly but works for now) is used
to generate the minimal and all poms (basically removes antlr and asm
as dependencies for the all artifact as they are now included and removes
all dependencies for the minimal artifact for people who want to embed
the minimal - turns out maven doesn't always behave the way you would
expect with the optional flag).

These are all using the m2 project model (pom) format. We could use
another xslt stylesheet to go back to m1 but there are probably other
ways to do that. In any case, I see that as low priority.

Paul.