List:       groovy-user
Subject:    Re: [groovy-user] =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9p_=3A_=5Bgroovy-user=5D?=
From:       Adrian Petru Dimulescu <adrian.dimulescu () free ! fr>
Date:       2005-08-12 10:09:56

Thanks a lot, Hein, for the detailed explanation.

Unfortunately I seem to be not that endowed with compiling Eclipse plugins:

1. I did import the groovy/ide/groovy-eclipse subproject using "Import
from CVS"  but :

* I can't right click on the project to see and modify its properties --
because it  seems it does not get imported as a "Java" project

* when I dblclick the plugin.xml, a new Eclipse instance is launched and
I create a test Java project but I can't find anywhere a "New Groovy
class" or similar...

2. The "import from CVS" wizard also has another option which allows you
to configure the nature of the impoted project. I used that option to
specify a "plug-in" nature for the project which allows me to
right-click on the project and see its properties. However, launching
the new testing Eclipse still does not contain a "new Groovy class"
option somewhere...

It is perhaps interesting that in the first case (import the project "as
is") if I right click on the project and choose Export Deployable
plug-ins and fragments, nothing appears in the "Available plug-ins and
fragments". If I modify manually the nature of the project, as explained
before, I have "groovy_eclipse (1.0.0)" available.

I don't know if this is enlightening on the problem or a simple list of
strange little installation-specific problems...

Adrian.