List:       groovy-user
Subject:    Re: [groovy-user] Grails: JSF Components?
From:       Christof Vollrath <christof () taobits ! net>
Date:       2005-06-30 19:36:59

Some time ago I looked a bit at JSF, but I did'nt liked it.
With JSF, you have traditional HTTP with request and response,
but the programming model is more like a swing application with events
on objects.
In a way you have a simple problem and a complicated solution.
Also current JSP implementations depend on JavaScript, that's not good
if you want to have a widly available web application.

Therefore I would'nt care much about JSF just stick with servlets and
JSP or GSP.

But AJAX is something different, because it makes web pages much more
responsive,
so this is very interesting.
One would not use AJAX for a public web page, since there are some
restrictions
on the browser, but for a closed user group it's very interesting.
The programming model for an AJAX application would be similar to JSF,
but as far as I know JSF does not yet support AJAX.

tof