List:       groovy-user
Subject:    Re: [groovy-user] Re: [groovy-dev] grails: coding conventions write
From:       Guillaume Laforge <glaforge () codehaus ! org>
Date:       2005-06-30 20:42:00

Steven Devijver wrote:
> One thing I have been thinking about is a good Groovy abstraction for
> the request and response interfaces. Maps seem nice but then we only
> have the state without the behavior. But maps support in Groovy is
> nice so we should probably merge the Map interface with the
> HttpServletRequest and HttpServletResponse interfaces.
>
> If anyone wants to take a shot a this please feel free to do so.

I'm not sure I understand perfectly what you're looking for, but...
We can easily do that. That's no big deal.
We can already play with requests with:
   println request["userName"]
   request["userName"] = "John Smith"
And with some map/expando object, we can delegate calls to the real
object (like a request) to update its values -- if that's what you meant.

--
Guillaume Laforge
http://glaforge.free.fr/weblog/?catid=2