List:       groovy-user
Subject:    Issue with GroovySQL and insidious type conversion
From:       Pascal DeMilly <list.groovy () newgenesys ! com>
Date:       2004-09-22 22:09:59

I have the following MySQL table

create Table Accounts (
	CustomerNo	CHAR(7) not NULL,
	ContractNo	CHAR(2) not NULL
)

Some of those CustomerNo starts with zeroes and are all numeric.

When creating a query with GroovySQL, groovy strip the leading zeroes.

crs.eachRow ("select * from Contracts") {
	println "[${it.CustomerNo}-${it.ContractNo}"
}

This would not be important in the above case, except when I want to use
it as a parameter of another SQL query. It will then not match and fail.
ie: "select * from Customers where CustomerNo = ${it.CustomerNo}"

How can I force groovy not make the translation from a String to an
Integer. I tried forcing it with casting but it doesn't work.

I will appreciate any help. This has been torturing me all day

Pascal