List:       groovy-user
Subject:    Re: [groovy-user] Talk at XMLOpen next week
From:       Jim Downing <jimdowning () pobox ! com>
Date:       2004-09-19 14:16:39

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 19:14, John Wilson wrote:
> On 17 Sep 2004, at 10:09, Jim Downing wrote:
>
> >  I'm looking forward to finding out how I should have
> > done the groovy CML processing I've just finished!
>
> Is that Chemical Markup Language, Jim? CML documents can be huge! I'd
> be interested in hearing what you have done.

It is. The documents were all small (max 10k), but there were ~500,000
of them! I essentially needed to transform them to extract some dublin
core metadata. I don't get on well with XSL, so I used the groovy Node
builder and the Saxon XPath implementation (missed a trick, should have
worked out the GPath stuff...) to do it instead.

jim