List:       groovy-dev
Subject:    Re: [groovy-dev] Interesting irritation
From:       Russel Winder <russel.winder () concertant ! com>
Date:       2008-05-20 14:04:13

Jochen,

On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 15:15 +0200, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> Russel Winder schrieb:
> > Jochen,
> >
> > On Tue, 2008-05-20 at 13:30 +0200, Jochen Theodorou wrote:
> >
> >> not sure it is really a classpath problem...
> >> IncompatibleClassChangeError sounds more like something was compiled
> >> with beta1and you now try to execute it with trunk.. there should be an
> >> old class lying around somewhere
> >
> > Actually I think it is a classpath issue, the 1.6-beta-1 compiled code
> > is being run against 1.6-beta-2 code
>
> yes, that is what I think too... so, so you are right, it is a classpath
> issue
>
> > leading to the
> > IncompatibleClassChangeError.  The question is why the Gant build is
> > allowing the 1.6-beta-2 code to be seen at all :-(
>
> well... with me not knowing anything here ;)

:-)

It turns out I was missing an entry in the classpath !

Now it works OK.

Thanks to Alex for changing things in Groovy thereby highlighting an
error in the Groovy build I didn't know I had.  Thanks to you for being
a sounding board -- it is so much easier debugging things when you have
someone to "talk" with.

All that remains is to find out how to get rid of having things in the
classpath that shouldn't be there.  The junit Ant task was definitely
picking up a Groovy jar it should not have known about.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077