List:       groovy-dev
Subject:    Website documentation upadted
From:       Guillaume Laforge <glaforge () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-12 8:45:35

Hello,

I've just updated the website documentation to reflect the little
syntax changes introduced by the work of the JSR Expert Group.

You can browse the documentation from Confluence:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GROOVY/Home

And the website (which is just a skinned version of the Confluence
documentation) can be browsed there: http://groovy.codehaus.org/

It'll take about half an hour for the skinned version to be updated.
But if you can't wait, you can append ?refresh=1 to the pages URL to
see the result.

I probably missed a few syntax changes, so if you have some minutes to
spare, please double check that I haven't made too many mistakes :-)

What's interesting is that migrating scripts from the "Classic" syntax
to the "JSR" syntax was mostly a matter of adding missing "def"
keywords, or changing "property" keywords with the new annotation
"@Property". That's really trivial! And I wonder who can still say we
made "drastic" changes to the language...

Once Groovy 1.0 is released (probably around the end of the summer),
we'll spend some time to update the whole documentation, and
particularly document everything that's... undocumented! If you have
some suggestions, some aspects of the language, some features you'd
like to be exposed in more details, please don't hesitate to share
these wishes so that we try to focus on these areas first.

Thanks in advance,

--
Guillaume Laforge
http://glaforge.free.fr/weblog/?catid=2