List:       groovy-dev
Subject:    Re: [groovy-dev] Is it a BUG?
From:       Danno Ferrin <shemnon () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-06-11 2:35:51

Yes you can, but what is in the string is not a valid groovy snippet
while the entire snippit outside of the string as a while is valid
groovy (and java if properly placed in a class and method).  The error
comes from evaluating a program that looks like

a='

Which in and of itself is grammatically invalid for Groovy.

And since the original snippet produces no output anyway and nothing is
reported in the exception (not even a 'e.printStackTrace()') whether or
not the string holding the script is valid or not no output would result
anyway.

--Danno
(I'm not sure, is the horse dead yet?  I thought I saw a twitch...)