List:       grinder-use
Subject:    Re: [Grinder-use] No module named httplib
From:       Philip Aston <philipa () mail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-29 10:46:59

Hi Galder,

Usually, the cost of the logging is insignificant compared to the cost
of a network call. The logging cost is *not* measured as part of the
test time. The general answer here is to add more injectors.

Is there a particular reason why the logging cost might be relatively
high for you? E.g. are your network calls unusually cheap (e.g. local),
or is your log file on a shared drive?

In general, I'm trying to reduce the number of options that are
controlled via properties. On the other hand, I agree it would be good
to be able to control the logging level for the http plugin. Can you
open a feature request for this please.

Re: log4j - no way. I'm not a fan and it would add more overhead when
was enabled than the grinder's lightweight logging.

- Phil