List:       grinder-use
Subject:    Re: [Grinder-use] What does it mean when Grinder threads die?
From:       <Tuvell_Walter () emc ! com>
Date:       2009-08-14 17:50:34

Understand.  There is "nowhere" (I claim) in my script where a worker
thread can throw an unhandled exception to the framework.  That's
because I handle all exceptions that can be thrown by the worker threads
myself, and turn them into my own error msgs and GUI columns.  Nothing
showed in the GUI.

Stack-blowing is a good idea, but probably not the answer.  I indeed
have no recursion (if you exclude a guaranteed single-level recursion in
a small function I have in one place, for convenience), but I do keep
the stack size at a nice compact -Xss96k.  That value was arrived at by
calibration experiments (plus a buffer), as you might expect, and if it
were insufficient I'd expect it to show up regularly even in short
tests.  Many multi-day tests succeed, only some fail (with the same
config params).  Since the code is highly deterministic (at least as
regards dynamic code paths including stack depth), it's hard to see how
that could be the problem.  But a re-calibration is in order.