List:       grinder-use
Subject:    Re: [Grinder-use] multiple consoles on the same host
From:       Philip Aston <philipa () mail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-11 19:21:31

Fan Yang wrote:
> I am trying to run multiple consoles on the same host so that the same
> host can be shared by multiple people.
> Each console has its own completely separate Grinder install path
> (/export/home/grinder1, /export/home/grinder2...)
>
> console1, port 6372
> console2, port 6373
>
> But for some reasons I don't understand, consoles seem to share the same
> port settings. It doesn't matter if I set the port number differently
> within the grinder.properties or not. The console always tries to bind
> to the same port, which you can change under File/Options. But if you
> change one, it affects all other consoles.
>
> What is wrong ? I can't find any documentation of how the console stores
> the file/options settings. Where are they stored ?

The console settings are stored in a file called ".grinder_console" in
your user's home directory.  The port setting in this file is only
updated if the "save defaults" button is selected.

You can also override on the command line with " java
-Dgrinder.console.consolePort=9999 net.grinder.Console"

- Phil