List:       grinder-development
Subject:    [Grinder-development] [ grinder-Bugs-3202566 ] Premature EOF
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2011-05-03 15:38:33

Bugs item #3202566, was opened at 2011-03-08 06:31
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by stevenswart
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=118598&aid=3202566&group_id=18598

not just the latest update.
Category: HTTP Plugin
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I realize there are atleast two other of these issues detailed here.  My one however \
follows a different parttern.  I don't receive the \
following:HTTPClient.StreamDemultiplexor.retry_requests(StreamDemultiplexor.java:5  \
26)

Instead my stack trace looks like this:
8/03/11 3:03:29 AM (thread 6 run 0 test 302): Aborted run due to Java exception \
calling TestRunner Java exception calling TestRunner
	File "C:\grinder\.\WorkbookS2.py", line 477, in page3
	File "C:\grinder\.\WorkbookS2.py", line 894, in __call__
	File "c:\grinder\grinder.py", line 27, in __call__
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Premature EOF encountered
	at HTTPClient.StreamDemultiplexor.read(StreamDemultiplexor.java:300)
	at HTTPClient.RespInputStream.read(RespInputStream.java:155)
	at HTTPClient.HTTPResponse.readResponseData(HTTPResponse.java:1011)
	at HTTPClient.HTTPResponse.getData(HTTPResponse.java:515)

Does anyone know what might have cause this exception to be thrown?

Comment By: Steven Swart (stevenswart)
Date: 2011-05-03 17:38

Message:
Hi Philip!

I have spent most of the day trying to reproduce this error. Unfortunately
the server against which my tests were originally triggering this error has
been decommissioned, and I don't have access to software version
information. I have run the distributed version of grinder.jar against our
software on all of our servers which run Apache, which include a FreeBSD 8
box, a Centos 5 box and a Solaris 10 box. None of these tests reproduced
the exception. I didn't even get a chance to try the patch, there was no
point. I will keep an eye out and if I ever encounter this error again, I
will apply the patch and attach the resultant logs to this issue. Sorry I
couldn't be more help!

Comment By: Philip Aston (philipa)
Date: 2011-03-21 23:17

Message:
Patch attached - please use it to diagnose in conjunction with an HTTP
trace (perhaps taken using the tcpproxy) to determine whether the server is
sending the correct content length.

Comment By: Philip Aston (philipa)
Date: 2011-03-21 21:33

Message:
This code path occurs if the server has returned a response with a
Content-Length header, and then proceeded to close the response stream
before fully transmitting a body of the specified number of bytes.

I suspect that this is a server issue, rather than a problem with The
Grinder or the HTTPClient library. I'll produce a debug patch to allow us
to diagnose this a little further.

Comment By: Philip Aston (philipa)
Date: 2011-03-21 21:29

Message: